Alexa Kodi tutorial – Creating the skill
|This is a Tutorial to show you how to control Kodi using Alexa. You can ask Alexa to play the latest episodes of your favourite shows amongst other cool voice shortcuts. For a full demo see my previous video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uOK6GdcmUc
My tutorial is created from the instructions provided by How to Geek which you can find here if you prefer: www.howtogeek.com/249336/how-to-control-your-kodi-media-center-with-an-amazon-echo/
Thanks to Joe Ipson for the code used in this tutorial. I am not a coder and without him this wouldn’t be possible.
Below is a brief overview of the guide with links to the chapters in my video:
1. Explanation as to how all this works: 01:09
2. Setting Kodi up to respond to requests: 02:19
3. Setting up Port forwarding: 03:09
4. Installing Python 2.7.13 and Notepad++ 06:46
5. Creating a user and a role on Amazon’s AWS platform 08:00
6. An explanation of dynamic IP addresses and Dynu: 13:30
7. Creating the Alexa skill 18:55
All you need is an RM pro for around £30 and my guide will show you how to link Alexa to your receiver.
Alexa Kodi tutorial – controlling Kodi streams
|This is an update to my Kodi-Alexa tutorial to show you how you can add streaming services to the Kodi library and in turn load your favourite shows and movies by speaking to Alexa.
This tutorial uses Salts to add the items to your library. Once complete you can follow my original tutorial (above)
In no way do I condone piracy. This video is for educational purposes only.